Thursday, October 2, 2014

Old love

I just love it when I re-find my favorite band and have new moments with their songs. It is just incredible how many dimensions this band has, so much depth, compassion and meaning in their songs that I feel that a big part today's society lacks. The band I'm talking about is Thrice; four musically talented and humble guys who unfortunately don't play together anymore as they are on a hiatus (cross my fingers that a reunion is coming soon!). In recent years they changed direction in their music, and relied less and less on the "rules" of music, it all became like an experiment, and the songs that came out of it are indeed impressive. One example of this could be the four albums that came out all at once, each one representing (and sounding like) one of the four elements, earth, fire, wind, water. Right now, my favorite song is from their album Beggars, The Weight, which has such powerful lyrics that I get goosebumps just by thinking that there are people out there who really can live by these words.



No comments:

Post a Comment